Created from parts of Bulloch, Emanuel, and Tattnall counties. Georgia's 48th county was named for former Governor Allen D. Candler who spent a great deal of his retirement years compiling the state's Colonial, Revolutionary, and Confederate records.
The Candler County Courthouse, built in 1921, and the South Metter Residential Historic District, comprised of 75 late 19th and early 20th century homes on landscaped boulevards, are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Local attractions include the Charles C. Harrold Nature Preserve, home of the rare gopher tortoise and the Elliotta racemosa plant; and the George L. Smith State Park.
Metter Spec Building, Lytell Street, Metter, GA 30439
|Building Size||42,000 sq. ft.|
|Dimensions:||350 x 120|
|Office Area:||756 sq. ft.|
|Floor Thickness:||5 inches|
|Construction Meterial:||Metal & Masonry|
|Bay Dimensions:||40 x 50|
|High Dock Truck Doors||4|
|Drive In Truck Doors||0|